- A good level of verbal and written English (some technical terminology will be used)
- Basic numeracy
- Good colour vision (i.e. not colour-blind)
- Be at least 18 years old
- If the delegate has spectacles, they must bring them to the course
Maybe you don’t have a room we could use for the training, maybe you learn better away from the distractions of the workplace, maybe you prefer to learn in a one to one situation. This course could be the option for you.
Rather than coming to your workplace, you can come to our offices in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 1DY. With a variety of offices and training suites, we have a room size to suite your needs. Generally from 9am to 4pm, the course contains everything you need to understand and action the ‘PAT Testing’ process.
Starting with a little theory, we take a journey through appliance types, safety features, physical inspections, things to look out for, standards, test devices, electrical tests, interpreting test data and recording results.
The instructor will have a variety of practice appliances – related to your workplace, paperwork and test devices… but if you want us to experiment with your own appliances and test devices, we would be pleased to do so.
Assessment is through observation and multiple choice test papers
Course cost: £229.00 +VAT (for the first delegate)
Additional delegates: £100.00 +VAT (per person)
1 Day PAT Testing Course
- Basic electrical theory Copy
- Equipment construction Copy
- Electrical safety features Copy
- Risk assessment and frequency of inspection/testing Copy
- Environment check Copy
- User checks Copy
- Formal visual inspection Copy
- Combined inspection and test Copy
- Function check Copy
- Test device requirements Copy
- Interpreting and recording results Copy
- Labelling Copy